Join us Friday, April 19th
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
The University Club, University of Pittsburgh
The 2nd Annual Youth Thriving Summit is a youth-led forum for young people to come together for peer support and empowerment while navigating the critical issues and the challenges they face daily. Last year’s event was a great success and received positive feedback for fostering optimism, connecting young people to resources and peers who share their feelings, and for amplifying youth voices by creating the space and time for new ideas.
This is a FREE Field Trip type event for tween, teen, and young adult groups. Schools, church youth groups, community programs, social clubs, sports teams, and mentoring programs are invited to attend. Breakfast and lunch will be included to participants at no cost*. (*Registration required.)
Teachers, principals, superintendents, community and civic leaders are invited to join us at noon for lunch and to enjoy the afternoon’s programming. Individuals should register here to join us for lunch and more!
This April, our full-day youth-led agenda will include small group breakout sessions, peer presentations, thought provoking conversations, and of course, refreshments! Students will explore several dimensions of Thriving and the challenges they experience. With youth facilitators nurturing the discussions, it’s our goal to provide the space and environment for young people to share, learn, and collaborate on a peer-to-peer basis.
2024 Discussion & Presentation Topics
- Mental Health: Conversation starters include coping strategies, staying grounded, staying positive, finding focus, and self-care.
- Relationships: Discussions around boundaries, decision-making, and taking personal responsibility for actions.
- Personal Economics: Exploring personal finances, entrepreneurship, career paths, non-traditional jobs, and the digital job market.
- Advocacy & Finding Your Passion: Get inspired as we hear from successful teens from the Black Girls Advocacy and Leadership Alliance.
- Sharing your Story & Voice: Insights on developing personal stories and how they can lead to impact with guidance from the Teen Leadership group from the Jewish Healthcare Foundation.
Plus, we’re sure you’ll enjoy a very special performance by KRUNK!
Would your organization like to share materials during the Youth Thriving Summit?
Nonprofits, community groups, health, and educational organizations are invited to share materials during the Resource Fair portion of the Youth Thriving Summit from 2:30 -3:30pm on Friday, April 19th. Please secure a spot using the link below. A team member will contact you with additional details and day-of logistics.