Thank you to everyone who joined us at the Summit on Thursday, June 23, 2022.
Healthy and Thriving Schools Summit Agenda:
Introductions by Cheryl Hall Russell, Felicia Savage Friedman, and Liz Miller
Opening remarks by Dean Valerie Kinloch, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Social Justice, Equity, and Child Thriving
The 3R’s Initiative: Reading, Racial Equity, and Relationships
- The TPS Early School Age Collaborative will facilitate discussion about how high-quality literacy experiences are inextricably linked to racial equity and relationships
Chronic Absenteeism – brief review of the research (Dr. Jacquelin Rankine)
- The TPS Middle Childhood Collaborative will share promising findings from the Just Discipline Program Model that focuses on restorative and relational climate models, equitable discipline practices, and capacity building across our region
Creating Peace and Youth Leadership in Action
- Youth who have been involved in racial justice and gender transformative programming will share their efforts to create change in their schools and communities
Healthy Schools Program
- Learn about opportunities to strengthen health, wellness, healing, and recovery in our schools
Building connections and action steps
Please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Again, don’t forget to register and join the call using the following link!Register Here